Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Best Man Ive Ever Known

The best  man Ive ever known doesn't know he is the best. He unselfishly provides for his family..deserving and not. Never questioning himself if he is able..just always there to do what needs to be done. The best man Ive ever known loves his wife, his kids and especially his grandson. While he has shortcomings he makes them hard to find. Ive known him all my life and can find few. In spite of what nature tries to bestow upon his inherited ways..he always finds the latter. Maybe...his holy spirit watching over him? I don't believe in God but if there is one..this man surly deserves to be with him. Always putting himself last and his kids first its almost unbelievable the lengths he go's to to acquire their happiness. Don't get me wrong they love him already..just he loves to see them smile as in doing something for them he never had the pleasure of knowing as a child. Ive met met few men worthy of mentioning to be genuinely good men. And make no mistake if he wasn't one I wouldn't take the time to type this but he is. He is my father and he is as good as you will find. Many of run in and argument have came our way but never once has he turned from me. While many could say if he did it would be well deserved.

Now that I have my own son I sometimes feel inferior to this man. Knowing that if I could ever be half of what he has for me I would be ahead of the game. At any rate I'm tired and ready for bed. I will continue this later. I guess I should say that he is what ill never be capable of being. Its not from lack of wanting to just some doors arent open to everyone. But im forever greatful and proud that he is my father. Im not ashamed to speak of him in such a manner and nobody should with their fathers either. I dont knw everyones situation but I venture to say if you dig a little you can find some good in anyone. I dont need religion to want to find the good in people.

Ive met few men that I talk of in high regaurd because very few deserve it. A man named Jack Hodges was one though. Another man I cant think of enough good things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment